Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I made silkscreens!

My first screen printing class with the fabulous artist Kathleen McTee was Sunday.  I made my first two screens:















Class was great; we learned to make the frame, stretch the fabric, and tape the screen to render it waterproof.  We also played around a bit with cutting stencils.  Tyvek!  I'm going to practice stencil cutting this week.  The class is at the Stitch Lab, which is owned and operated by the Renaissance woman, Leslie Bonnell.  I really can't say enough good things about Leslie and the Stitch Lab.  If you have any interest in sewing, embroidery, yarn, art cloth, stamp carving (!), or color theory, please do yourself a huge favor and take a class there.  There are so many different classes to choose from!

http://www.glitzkrieg.biz/schedule/schedule.html

Just being there is a little slice of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment