Tuesday, June 22, 2010

these long summer days

begin with early mornings in the garden followed by cereal, seasonal fruit, and English muffin breakfasts, and progress to tall glasses of strong iced tea, while the heat and the cats that sleep for hours on end inspire me to not much more than reading, resting, and ruminating, so it's good that I start a new class tonight: artistic embroidery.  I've been wanting to learn embroidery for a long time.  I learned a few stitches as a child, but it's been years since I've tried my hand at anything more than a few deliberately crude stitches to embellish a collage.    


It's been in the 90s for weeks now.  I can't complain because it hasn't reached 100 yet, but it does slow me down and keep me indoors more than I would like.  As I've gotten older, I've become more sensitive to the heat, so I tend to go out early in the morning and again at dusk.  
There's plenty to do indoors so that's fine, but I'm still spending more time on the computer than I'd like, so I'm going to try using a timer to keep my indulgences in web crawling brief. 
We'll see how that goes.  


Off to do some cooking now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment