Friday, April 9, 2010

Stepping into Spring

I stole that title from Kathleen, who hosted the most wonderful mid-day party today.  We made stepping stones.  Kat had quikcrete, concrete pavers, and everyone brought all kinds of yummy stuff to create beautiful stepping stones.  Some of my favorite things were ceramic pieces that Kat's mom, Pat, brought--just so many lovely things to play with.  Thanks, Pat!  Edmo brought some really cool stuff, too, including some fabulous ceramic angel heads.  Wish I'd had time to incorporate more of the great things everyone contributed. 


Making in the "artport"

Triple threat--Erika, Elena, and Kat


my first stepping stone

Supplies galore!

Some of our handiwork


Elena's feet and her lovely work


Happy Laura


my second stepping stone

It was a great spring day with fine friends,  delicious food, and time well-spent making!  It doesn't get any better than that.  

Now it's time to finish getting ready for our trip to Big Bend.  We leave tomorrow.  I'm sure I'll be posting about it upon my return.  My love for the Southwest just keeps growing.  







4 comments:

  1. Ooooh I love these-- you should def make some for sale if you are so inclined

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pix of our happy day! have a really, really good trip, Lynell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I would TO.TA.LLY buy one.
    I took a silkscreen class from Kat!
    oooo i wanna make a stepping stone tooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michele, When did you take the silkscreen class? Did you like it? What did you make? Interested, Lynell

    ReplyDelete